In this course, you will gain deeper insights into the employment protections available for LGBTQ+ employees at the federal, state, and local levels. You will learn about the challenges BIPOC and LGBTQ+ employees face in the workplace, review your own local policies, and learn how you can advocate for an inclusive workplace. A focus on the Racial Justice in Education Framework helps ensure new policies are both inclusive and equitable.
- Explain recent policies and laws that exist to protect or prevent the rights of LGBTQ+ Employees
- Identify barriers LGBTQ+ employees face, especially those with intersecting marginalized identities
- Explain why the "coming out" process is difficult for many educators
- Recognize policies that support an LGBTQ+ affirming workplace
- State several ways to support LGBTQ+ educators right now
Your cart is empty